Life is the game of being better and getting the right worth of yours, be it in your personal context or at the workplace. There are the people who stick to their one job even though they might not be satisfied with it, yet they choose to stick because they are probably afraid of the change. On the other side there are some other people who always embrace the changes whenever they need to in order to move on in life.
Getting the job and resigning from the job it’s all part of life and a person should always be ready to embrace this part with welcoming hands. Proceeding further with this topic we are going to discuss the topic of resignation letter, and we would also provide you with the step by step guide, by which you can write an effective resignation letter following the decent spirit of professionalism.
We urge you to go through this entire article, in order to get or learn the correct skills of writing the resignation letter in the course of your professional life, which will also help you throughout your life.
The opening part is the first part of the letter which is going to be read by the employer or the HR department, and here we would suggest you to start with the respectful and the friendly words.
- Here keep in your mind that you have to maintain the tone of your professionalism and also the better relationship between you and the employer for the future reference thus it would be decent to start with the word “Dear”.
- If you have the friendly relationship with your boss then you can address the boss by name such as Dear Alex, however if there is only formal relationship then it would be ideal to start being fully formal such as Dear Mr. Alex Bieber.
Resignation Letter Samples
Providing the Proper Notice of Resignation
It is highly recommended to you that you provide your Boss with the prior notice of resignation along with the exact date, when you are planning to resign from your respective post.
- Providing the notice is essential so that your vacancy can be filled by some other person in the meantime and you leave a decent gesture of the professionalism behind.
- You can state the last date of your work as “I hereby submit my resignation letter from the post of ______ which would be effective from the date of ______.
The Subject Body
- In the subject body of the letter you have to be extra careful while stating the reasons of your resignation since it is the policy of the majority of the companies to state them the reason of resignation until it is too personal to be disclosed.
- You can start with the introductory line such as I ____ here submit my letter of resignation from the post of _____ and then from there onwards you can provide the reason of resignation.
- Be specific yet elaborated in stating the honest reasons of resignation.
State Whether you are available at the transition process of the vacancy
It is not easy for any employment company to fill out a vacancy after the resignation, especially when the concerned job is highly complex and experienced oriented thus if you think that you really owe something to the company, then we believe you should help the company in filling out the vacancy.
Here in this part of the letter you can state that whether you are available to train the freshly hired employee on your post. You can write it with the words such as that “It would be pleasure to you if you can help the company to train the forthcoming employee at your vacancy.
How to Write a Professional Resignation Letter
A Gratitude Note to the Employer
Now in this part you need to show your gratitude to your boss who has provided you with the golden opportunity of working with their company, and for the priceless work experience that you have earned from the company.
You can state it as “I highly appreciate and thank you for the valuable work experience and my strong testimonial that I have earned working from the company”
How to write Resignation Letter for Retirement
The Closing Part
Now we are at the closing part and here you need to close the resignation letter with the most respectful and the kind regards so that there could be a decent working memories between you and the employer.
You should be writing this part with the words such as the “Kind regards” then your name and then just end the letter with your official signatures.
So, this is how you can easily write the letter of resignation by following our below mentioned step by step guide. We hope that the guide will help you in writing the letter in the fully effective manner, yet if you face any kind of confusion then just feel free to approach us for the further help.